Health and Safety Policy at Midlothian Roofing Services of Edinburgh
Midlothian Roofing Services accepts its obligations in accordance with its duty under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, to our personnel and the general public, who may be affected by its activities.
Midlothian Roofing Services has prepared the following health and safety policy statement.
Our company aspires to achieve a working environment which is free of work related accidents and ill-health and to implement continuing improvements.
We undertake to fulfil our statutory duties by:
- Providing adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from our work activities
- Consulting with our workforce on matters affecting their health and safety
- Providing and maintaining safe plant and equipment
- Ensuring safe handling and use of substances
- Ensuring that our workforce are competent to do their tasks and to provide them with adequate training
- Promote awareness of health and safety and of good practice through the effective communications of relevant information
- Prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill-health
- To review and revise this policy as necessary at regular intervals
Midlothian Roofing Services is committed to good working practices. It is our policy that all work undertaken will be carried out in such a manner as to avoid, reduce or control all foreseeable risks to the health and safety of its employees, subcontractors and the general public.
We will ensure that all personnel working on site are provided with suitable plant, equipment and PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) to safely carry out their duties.
We will ensure that only competent employees and subcontractors undertake work on the company’s behalf.
Subcontractors will provide copies of their health and safety policy and any other relevant health and safety documentation that may be requested by the company.